Versatility and Periyapuranam
- Thiruthondar Puranam,
- National Literature
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Man sets up safe habitats to protect himself from the forces of nature. He also believed that science could help us solve problems in our daily lives. Man is making great achievements today because of his scientific progress. Astronomical research, medicine, and other technical research are constructed through science. Therefore, how the human body is structured, its movement, the forces required for movement, and all such things have been explained by science, and the benefits of science to improve daily life and protect human lives are immense. Sekkizhar's epic Thiruthondar Puranam demonstrates that he was a great artist. The arts have a special place in the Periyapuranam which is also known as national literature. The purpose of this article is to understand the scientific techniques in the fields of dance, song, sculpture, building, education, medicine, astrology, etc., through the Periyapuranam of that period.
- Backiamary, F., (2014) Vagamai Nokkil Ilakkiya Varalaru, New Century Book House, Chennai, India.
- Muthu, S., (2014) Ariviyal Aathichudi, Thiruvaarasu Puthaga Nilaiyam, Chennai, India.
- Sivanayagam, (2015) Thirugnaana Sambandhar Thevaaram, Vijaya Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Subbarayanayakaravarkal, (2010) Thiruthondarpuraanam Ennum Periya Puraanam (Moolamum Uraiyum), Mulai Nilaiyam, Chennai, India.
- Subramaniyan, S.V., (2007) Pathenen Keelkanaku Noolgal, Manivasagar Pathipagam, Chennai, India.
- Venkatasami Nattar, N.M., (2008) Silappathikaram, Ramaiya Pathipagam, Chennai, India.
- Viswanathan, A., (2004) Kalithogai Moolamum Uraiyum, New Century Book House, Chennai, India.