Mother's Sensibility in Akananuru
- Sangam Literature,
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
One of the literatures that have succeeded in distilling human feelings into writings is the Sangam literature. Sangam internal literary work showed the feeling of pleasure and pain occured between hero and heroine and also recorded the mood of the friend and mother who are affected by the love life of both hero and heroine. The statement of heroine's mother appears in Sangam literary works. Most of the songs in them are lamentations in the contexts of reconciliation. The mother-child relationship is the primary relationship among all living beings. The perspective of the poets of that time who have shown the deep feelings in the mother's mind when she realizes that the daughter has suddenly left her and moved with an unknown person to an unknown place is significant. In the Sangam literature, there are 13-31 sub-songs in Akananuru. Next to Kalithogai the mother's lamentation songs are highly counted in Akananuru. The 24 songs in Akananuru is about the mother's state of mind.
- Ilampurananr, (2004) Tholkappiyam, Gowra Puthaga Nilayam, Trichy, India.
- Iraakavaiyangaar, I. (2016) Kurunthogai Vilakkam, Gowra Publications, Chennai, India.
- Karthikeyan, R. (2019) Manasu Pola Vaazkai, the Hindu, Chennai, India.
- Subamanikkam, V.S. (1962) Tamil Kadhal, Paari Nilayam, Chennai, India.
- Vengatasaami Naattaar, N.M. (2019) Akananooru, Gowra Publications, Chennai, India.