The Dream of the Sangam Woman from a Psychological point of view
- Sangam Literature,
- Sangam Women
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Sangam literary poets are meant to express love and heroism. It does not gave much more importance about women's body descriptions. There are many songs in this literature about the feelings of the hero and the heroine. Heroine waiting for the hero who she loves wholeheartedly is emaciated with longing and becomes leans. She soothes herself with the help of nature. She keeps her love life secretly thinking that if she tells anyone else about her love they might think she is wrong. She longs to meet him and spending everyday like a dead person. Between various protests ahe is passing her life through the night and day signs. The heroine who lived as a queen in her home is spoken as a symbol of culture in her husband's home. She leads a life that makes one wonder from where she got knowledge, morals and the development of selflessness. Waiting for the hero in field, her chastity, duty, feminine etc., are well described in this article. The article shows that women enjoys her inner feelings in dream. From a psychological point of view, the dream reveals the inner feelings of the heroine.
- Avvai Duraisamy Pillai, (1957) Ainkurunuru Source and Descriptive Text, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India.
- David Sithaya, (1986) Manosakthiyum Manitha Sakthiyum, Marudhui Press, Chennai, India.
- Nagarajan, V. (2004) Kurunthokai, New Century Book House (P) Ltd, Chennai, India.
- Parimanam, A.M., Balasubramaniyam, K.V., (2004) Natrinai, New Century Book House Pvt Ltd, Chennai, India.
- Rasamaanikkanar, M. (2011) Kaliththogai, Poombukar Publication, Chennai, India
- Ravichandran, T.K. (2007) Sigmund Freud Ulappaguppaaivu Ariviyal, Alaigal Pathippagam, Chennai, India