Personality of a Friend in Sangam Literature
- Sangam Literature,
- Social problems
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In India, families face various social problems because of love. It is a manifestation of extreme ignorance that both men and women get used to postponing marriage and rejecting marriage, not only causing mental distress but also losing their lives. In this era, it is very difficult to carry one's love life to marriage life. So every lover can approach psychologists nowadays to resolve the differences in their love marriage. But if we analyze the sangam literary songs thoroughly, the friend is the medicine that can solve the psychological problem between lovers. Friend is a female character who stands between the hero and the heroine and gives the necessary advice. How does her personality fit into the contemporary era? This article explores all this in detail.
- Jayapal, R. (2004) Agananooru, New Century Book House, Chennai, India.
- Manikkam, V.S. (2009) Tamil Kadhal, Sree Hindu Publication, Chennai, India.
- Puliyur Kesigan, (2010) Kalithogai, Shri Senbaga Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Puliyur Kesigan, (2022) Natrinai, Bharathi Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Selvaraj, N. (2016) Thol Tamilar Thirumanamuraikal, Kalachuvadu, Nagarkovil, India.
- Somasundarananr, P.V. (1955) Kurunthogai, South India Saiva Siddhanta Works Publishing Society, Thirunelveli, India.