Mother Goddess Worship in Ancient Tamil Literature
- Vedic principles,
- Sangam literary,
- Epic literature,
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
An ancient Tamil people worship begin from nature; Even though the first worship starts from women, women become as a God for their extreme quality of maternity. In ancient Tamil literature (Sangam Literature, Epic literature, Nilakesi etc.), the Number of evidences are found for the mother Goddess worship of ancient Tamil peoples. This Research articles give detailed explanation about the mother Goddess worship. The aim and objectines of this article is to find out the mother Goddess worship with the evidences of ancient Tamil Literature. In this research articles Descriptive Criticism, Historical Criticism and Analytical Criticism are applied.
- Kailasabathi, K., (1966), Ancient Tamil lifestyle and Adoration, Paari Nilayam, Chennai, India
- Kandhaiya pillai, N.S., (1958) Shaivism History, Author Centenary Society, Chennai, India
- Madhavan, V.R., (1985), Silapathikaram Thoughts, Meyyappan Pathippagam, Chindambaram, India
- Ragavaiyyangar, M., (1959) Pathini Vanakam, Jeyakumari Stores, Nagacoil, India
- Sami, P.L., (1975) Mother Goddess Worship in Tamil literature, P.R.V. Press, Chennai, India
- Sundarrajan, T., (1968) Tamil national identity, Manivasagar Pathippagam, Chennai, India