Emerging Religious Trends through the Ages
- Religious trends,
- Poetry forms,
- Religious theme,
- Religious conflict
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
All religious movement have become a social movement in the country. These movements play a major role in monarchy to democracy. Religion had major impacts on the community. These permeate into the literature and shows its reflection in the community. Religions get progressed and travels parallel through the literature and its transformation. Similarly, the purpose of the religious literature has been changed through times. Doctrines, rites of worship, existence of tradition are seen common in all religions. But some religious literatures have sung to inimical of other religions. It is necessary to look comparatively from Sangam literature period that how the religious literature have undergone change and how purpose and course of cult are written in the texts. Religions such as Jainism, Buddhism, vaishnavism, saivam, Christianity and Islam are also explored. Finally, it is possible to find out that in each period religious beliefs and hatreds have travelled into the literature along with the worships and divinity.it is also possible to learn about generality, philosophy and charitable works done by individuals through the religion. It is established that the gods were sung from ancient to modern genres and earlier religious conflict did not have major impact on contemporary literature.
- Sambanthar, (1964) Devara Thirupathiga Thiratu, Kazhaga Veliyedu, Tirunelveli, India
- Savarimuthu, S., (2001) History of Tamil Literature, Manimozhi Pathipagam, Chennai, India.
- Subramaniyan, S.V., (1999) History of Tamil Literature, Manivasagar Pathipagam, Chennai, India
- Thiruvenkada Ramanujadasan, T., (2010) Naalayira Divya Prabandham, Uma Pathipagam, Chennai, India
- Vaiyapurippillai, S., (1947) Literary Thoughts, Paari Nilayam, Tamil Nadu, India