A comparative approach to the Morality of Purananuru and Shi Jing
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This article compares the data on 'Aram' found in two classics, Purananuru in Tamil and Shi Jing (诗经) in China. In both the collections, it is learnt that the messages of morality are the nucleus. By comparison, we can see how savants are considered to be prominent in society, how their unbiased ideas have been presented to the states of that time and how they have been developed into ethical values. Thus, it is possible to see from comparison that literature originating in two different lands has some similarities and some differences in ethical ideas.
- Arivunambi, A., Madhiyazhagan, M., Saravanan, N.J., (Edi.) (2007), Sanga Ilakiyangalum Kotpadugalum, Supramani Bharathiyar Thamizhiyarpulam, Pudhucherry, india.
- Avvai Duraisamy Pillai, Su., (1968) Purananuru, Tirunelveli Thennindia Saiva Sithantha Noorpathippu Kazhagam, Chennai, India.
- Kwong, C., (2003), Nature and Religion in Ancient History, Journal of Asian History, 37 (1), 33-69.
- Maruthanayakam, P., (2004) Pudhupaarvaiyil Purananooru, Kaavya Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Payani, (2012), Kavitokai: Varich Chootinum Parpavarillai (Cheenavin Sanga Ilakiyam), Kalachuvadu Publications, Chennai, India.
- Swaminatha Iyer, U.V., (2014), Purananooru Moolamum Uraiyum, U.Ve.Sa, Noolaga nilayam, Chennai, India.
- Tirumalai, M, (2010), Opilakiyam Kolgaikalum Payilmuraigalum, Sellapa Pathipagam: Madurai, India.
- University of Madras, (1982), Tamil Lexicon, Volume III, University of Madras, Madras, India.
- Thani Nayagam, X.S., (1995), Collected Papers of Thani Nayagam Adigal, International Institute of Tamil Studies, Chennai.
- Xu Yao Chong, (1992), The Book of Songs, Hunan Publishing House, Hunan, China.