Feeling of love in Batticaloa folk songs
- Batticaloa Folk Songs,
- Tamil Folk Songs,
- Home Affairs,
- Love Feeling
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Literatures have been studied orally before taking written form. History makes it clear that such songs were written during the Sanskrit period. These oral literatures shed light on the life and history of a country and its flaws and serve as a mirror that reveals the cultures, customs, and ancient thoughts of the people. Although the study of folk songs on the world stage has been in vogue for a long time, it came into practice in Tamil Nadu in the 19th century and then came into the study. However, it has not been advanced as a separate discipline in the University of Sri Lanka to date. Instead, the study of folk songs is being carried out in collaboration with the Tamil Department.In the case of Batticaloa Tamil Nadu, the close connection between India and Sri Lanka due to migration, migration and migration from ancient times can be seen from the identification of Tamils as the first and last king of Sri Lanka.Therefore, it is possible to realize that folk songs are widespread among the people of Batticaloa as there was not only Tamil Nadu connection but also Indian national connection. The songs are arranged in the form of Ritual, Rain and Famine, Lullaby, Game, love, Marriage, Family, Community, Relationship and Career, Obpari, Swing, Satire, Mother Songs.These songs explore love songs, present the feeling of love found in them, show how they fit in with the general characteristics found in the literature of Sangala Agathi and reveal aspects of the Batticaloa socio-cultural hierarchy. The gist of the song is not to give a direct meaning, but to explain its essence. They are classified as motherly songs, Fatherly songs, Leader songs, Leader songs, Friend songs, and General songs.
- Balasundaram, R, (1979) Ezhaththu Naattar Padalgal (Batticaloa District), Batticaloa, Srilanka.
- Ganapathy, V., (2019) Age 96, Interviewers in field research, Ambalanthurai, Batticaloa, SriLanka.
- Ilakshmi Pillai, K., (2019) Age, 68, Valkattu, Interviewers in field research, Batticaloa, SriLanka.
- Kamalanathan, S.R, (2005) Mattakkalappu purva sarittiram, Kumaran Book House, Colombo - Chennai, Srilanka.
- Kandaiya, V.C, (1964) Mattakalapputh Thamilakam, Ezhakesari Ponnaya Memorial Publishing House, SriLanka.
- Nadarasa, V.C, (1962) Eelam Folk Songs, Ashirwadham Press, Jaffna, Srilanka.
- Paramathai, Y., (2019) Age, 86, Interviewers in field research, Valkattu, Batticaloa, SriLanka.
- Ponnambalam, K., (2019) Age, 75, Interviewers in field research, Valkattu, Batticaloa, SriLanka.
- Ponnamma, (2019) Age, 63, Ambalanthurai, Interviewers in field research, Batticaloa, SriLanka.
- Sakthivel, S, (2018) Nattuppura Iyal Aayu, Manivasakkar Publishing House, Chennai, India.
- Tanapakkiyam Gunabalasingam, (1993) Mattakallappu Manmiyam (A Research), Batticaloa, Srilanka.
- Vellavur Gopal, (2013) Mattakalappu Varalaru. - Oru Arimugam, Manuveda Publication, Batticaloa, Srilanka.
- Vidhyanathan, S, (1962) Mattakalapputh Naatu Padalgal, Sri Lanka University Tamil Drama Group, Srilanka.