The Theme of Friendship in Kambar’s Select Occasional Verses: A Critical Analysis
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In our everyday life, we come across many relationships. One of the most unique relationships is friendship which we encounter with different people in different situations of our lives. This paper discusses the friendship experienced by Kambar which he has expressed through his occasional verses. Friendship has been classified into five kinds based on the experiences of Kambar culled out from his occasional verses. The five kinds of friendship are (i) friendship based on gratitude, (ii) friendship based on caste to which he belongs, (iii) friendship based on his scholarliness, (iv)Friendship based on profit and (v) friendship based on love.
- Abdul Kadar, T, M., (2011) Thamizhum Kambanum, National publishers, Chennai, India.
- Kodumudi Sanmugapirakatham, (1980) Thennolai kalandu ethal, Ethal number-22, Chennai, India.
- Manickam, A., (1977) Thanippadal Thirattu, Poompuhar Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Perumal, A. K., Srikumar, S, (2002) Kabarin Thanippadal, Sri Senbaga Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Pulavar Kanniyappan, Siva., (2016) Thanippadal Thirattu, Mulai Nilaiyam, Chennai, India.
- Puliyur Kesigan, (2017) Kabarin Thanippadalgal, Gowra Agencies, Chennai, India.
- Sollin Selvar Sethu Pillai R.P., (2016) Kambar Kavi Inbam, Sri Senbaga Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Subramaniam Pillai, K., (2008) Thanippadal Thirattu, Shantha Publishers, Chennai, India.
- Subramanian, Sa. Ve., (2014) thanipadal Kalanjiyam, Meiyappan Pathippagam, Chennai, India.