Male Characters in the works of Female Poets during Sangam Period
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Men's characteristics have been mentioned in the perspective of women poets during the sangam period. When a men falls in love, to whom does he express it first, what are the efforts taken by the leader to win the love, the efforts of the men to see the heroine during the love period, what is the mood of men suffering from the excess of love, and the infamy that the men gets due to going along with heroine, for all these the love life of men gives answers. It is also said how the lust of a men is in a chastity life. And it can be known that a men's natural love is revealed when he is a father who shows true affection to his children and seeks the permission of his beloved in the act of doing. The habits and duties of men in daily life are also mentioned. It is also explained about the weakness of men and what are the activities that make men happy and sad. Who gets angry with men, the moments when men's anger is revealed, the way men reveal humor, and the moments when men are afraid have been explored and highlighted. Feminist poets have recorded in their songs about men's travel vehicle, entertainment, heroism, the way of exspressing the pain of separation, news about the heroine's father – brother and male workers. The news is known from male birds and animals, and also tells about the actions of a men who lived happily in his youth and also what he did after his ascetic life. This article is based to say all the above mentioned from the songs of sangam period womens.
- Mooventhan, P.S., (2016) Perumpanarrupadai Sirupanarrupadai, Kalaignan Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Puliyur kesigan, (2005) Pathitrupathu, Paari niliyam, Chennai, India.
- Puliyur Kesigan, (2010) Agananooru, Paari Nilaiyam, Chennai, India.
- Puliyur kesigan, (2011) Purananuru, Paari Niliyam, Chennai, India.
- Puliyur Kesigan, (2013) Kurunthogai Thelivurai, Paari Nilayam, Chennai, India.
- Puliyur kesigan, (2018) Nattrinai, Paari Niliyam, Chennai, India.
- Ramaiya Pillai, N., (2015) Nattrinai Moolamum Uraiyum, Saradha Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Subramanian, S.V., (2009) Tholkaapiyam Thelivurai, Manivasagar Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Vaani Arivaalan, (2009) Sanga Ilakkiya Thedal, Tamil Kottam, Chennai, India.