Mahakavi and the Mahatma on the ideological basis - A Comparison
- Mahakavi Bharathiyar,
- Mahatma Gandhi,
- National liberation movement,
- political movement
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This is based on the assumption that Bharathiyar and Gandhiji are ideologically united in the liberation movement or in the political movement, in the radical movement and the moderate movement. Mahakavi Bharathiyar and Mahatma Gandhi lived in the same period. Particularly those who emerged during the fall of the Liberation Movement. Their ideas are the foundation of social progress and the development of the individual. Though both the writings of National Liberation are included in the writings of the people, the National Liberation Movement has pointed out many problems with the aim of liberating the people from them. In both writings, the notion that social liberation is the liberation of the nation. The purpose of this article is to identify and explain them.
- Gurusamy, M.P., (2004), Gandhian Thoughts, Gandhian Literary Society, Madurai, India.
- Gurusamy, M.P., (2007), Sarvodhayam, Gandhian Literary Society, Madurai, India.
- Mahatma Gandhi, (2003) Women in the community, Gandhian Literary Society, Madurai, India.
- Mahatma Gandhi, (2007) Sathya Sothanai, NavaJeevan Pirasuralayam, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- Manikandan, Y., (2020) Mahakavi who met the Mahatma, Hindu Tamil, 30th January 2020.
- Natarajan, T.S., (2004) Bharati Shakti Worship, Pichai, A., and Anandakumar, P., Bharati and Bhakti Literature in Comparative Perspective, Bharathiar Aivagam, Publishing Department, Rural University, Gandhigram, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Paramasivan, T., (2008) Alwar songs and Kannan songs, Pichai, A., and Anandakumar, P., Bharathi's Kannan Songs and Krishnan Myth in Indian Literature, Bharathiar Aivagam, Publishing Department, Rural University, Gandhigram, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Pathamuthu, M., (2008) Gandhian education and society, Gandhian Literary Society, Madurai, India.
- Prema, R., (2015) Width and depth of Feminism, Kavya Pathipagam, Chennai, India.
- Senbagam Ramasamy, (2019), Kannan Songs, New Century Book House, Chennai, India.
- Sethupathi, S., (2013) Some new dimensions in the search for Bharati, New Century Book House, Chennai, India.