History of Tamil literature formed in the context of the reign
- Ethnic society,
- Literature Material,
- Political Programme,
- Tamil Civilization
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In human society, from the time of the Sangam to this period, politics can be bound up with social life. Accordingly, literature and grammars were developed. Through these, it would be appropriate to know the history of literature and the great social history of literature. In the early days, Jaffna Kasichetti, M.S. People like Purnalingampillai have recorded the basis on which the poets write history. After that Ka. Subramaniapillai was the first to write the history of Tamil literature in a literary and century-based content system. He was followed by Sri Lankan V. Selvanayagam was the first to write literary history in a political content manner. After these, he has created a history of Tamil literature from the point of view of the Tamil language. The Sangam period was called the "Dark Ages." Venkataraman mentions. Because of its historical background, the members of the Velar community took possession of the land from the tribal community and made it their own. This shows that they have transformed the tribal community into slaves to themselves. It is noteworthy that the content of literary history is written based on the synthesis code. Following this code, we learn that literary historians have written with an emphasis on social history, political history and time history.
- Adaikalaswamy, M.A.R., (1960) Tamil Ilakkiya Varalaru, Loyola College, Chennai, India.
- Arulsamy, MK., (1970) Tamil Ilakkiya Varalaru, Paari Nilayam, Chennai, India.
- Jnanamoorthy, T.A., (2011) Ilakkiya thiranaaiviyal, Ainthinai Pathippagam, Chennai, India.
- Ramakrishnan, S., (1962) Tamil Ilakkiya Varalaru, New Century Book House, Chennai, India.
- Selvanayagam, V., (1951) Tamil Ilakkiya Varalaru, Kumaran Book House, Chennai, India.
- Sivathambi, Ka., (1988) Tamil Ilakkiya Varalaru, New Century Book House, Chennai, India.
- Velsamy, P., (2006) Porkaalangalum Irundakaalangalum, Kalachuvadu Publications, Nagercoil, India.