The comparative lyrics of Paranar, Mamoolanar and Marudan Ilanaganar are the external stories of the songs
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
288 Historical Notes on the 400 - Songs in Akanaguru Only 149 songs are featured. Of these, Paranar - 30 songs, Mamulanar - 27 songs, Madurai Maruthan Illanganar - 10 songs, only about near than half of the (67) songs have been sung. The other 82 songs were sung by 50 Poets (Akananur - 117 is not known by the name of the Poet). And they have all sung single-digit numbers. These are the above tips, these three poets’ high numbers of the Historical Notes sung in akapadals Why? Kurunthogai, in natrinai Than In akananuru Why is that number so high? Is there any relationship between the songs in Pattuppāṭṭu and this one? Such questions arise. The purpose of this article is to seek explanations for these questions.
- Balasubramanian, K.V., (2004), Narrinai, 3rd ed., New Century Book House (P)Ltd, Chennai, India.
- Balasubramanian, K.V., (2004a), Purananuru, 3rd ed., New Century Book House (P)Ltd, Chennai, India.
- Chandran, (2012), A study of the Pattupattu system, PhD dissertation, Dravidian University, Kuppam, India.
- Kailasapati, K., (2006), Tamil Veeranilai Poems, First Edition, Kumaran Publishing House, Chennai, India.
- Nagarajan, V., (2004) Kuruntokai, 3rd ed., New Century Book House (P)Ltd, Chennai, India.
- Seyapal, R., (2004) Akananuru, 3rd ed., New Century Book House (P) Ltd, Chennai, India.
- Sivathambi, K., (2007), Tamil Poetry, 1st ed., Kumaran Publishing House, Chennai, India.
- Sivathambi, K., (2007a), Tolkappiyam and Poetry, 1st ed., Kumaran Publishing House, Chennai, India.
- Somasundaranar, Po Ve., (2001), Pattinapalai, Tirunelveli South Indian Saiva Siddhanta Book Edition Corporation, Chennai, India.
- Vaiyapuripillai, (1967) Sangam Literature (Song and Sum), 2nd ed., Pari Nilayam, Chennai, India.
- Venkatarajulu Reddyar, (1998), Paranar, Revised Edtion, International Institute of Tamil Studies, Chennai, India.