Cirupaanaatruppadai - Narratology View
Copyright (c) 2020 Sankar M
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Today, Tamil Studies obtained evolution in multiple fields. These fields are mentioned in multiple departmental researchers and approaches. Narratology is a detailed explainary studies on Novels. This approach is already exists in 21st century onwards in developed countries. Similarly this approach is also followed by K.Panchangam and P.Maruthanayagam in Tamil. For example, Aatruppadai, Epic Literatures (Cillappathikaram, Manimekalai) and Ballads. Cirupaanaatruppadai is one of the Aatruppadai having 269 lines. It mentioned about Moovendar regime, Seven Chieftains Grants and Nalliyakkodan etc., Our aim is to use the Narratology Based Approach in Cirupaanaatruppadai.
- K. Panchangam, 2003, Modern poetry - Illustrative purpose (First Edition), Kavya Publications.
- T. Saravanan, 2010, Bharathiyar stories on narrative purpose, Ph.D Thesis, Department of Tamil, Kanchi Mamunivar Centre for Post Graduate Studies, Puducherry, India.
- K. Siva, 2015, Patu Patin Eduthuraipiyal, Ph.D Thesis, Department of Tamil, The Gandhigram Rural Institute - Deemed University, Dindigul District, India.
- B. Anandakumar, 2016, Mullaipatin Eduthuraipiyal, Shanlax International Journal of Tamil Studies, 1, 1-7.
- B. Umamaheswari, 2017, Udalil Eduthuraipiyal, Shanlax International Journal of Tamil Studies, 2, 150-156.
- K. Vasanthakumar, 2018, Eduthuripiyal Nokil Natrinai – Kurunchithinaiyil Natrinai, Vallamai.
- B. Maruthanayakam, 2019, Eduthuraipiyal: Poomaniyin vekkai (First Edition), 418-432, Western critical approaches, Tamil Testimonials, Saradha Pathipagam, Chennai, India.
- M. Thirumalai, 2007, Literary Tour (Fifth Edition), Arivu Pathipagam, Chennai, India.
- R. Chandrasekaran et al., 2004, Tamil Literary Principles (First Edition), Tamil Department Publication Division, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India.
- K. Panchangam, 2012, Ancient Tamil Literature in a New Theoretical Purpose (First Edition), Annam Publications, Tanjore, India.
- S. Balachandran, 2007, Literary Performance (10th Edition), New Century Book House Lts, Chennai.
- P. Balasubramaniyan et al., 2009, Silapathikaram-A Multi Faceted Vision (First Edition), National Conference, Conducted by Central Institute of Classical Tamil, Chennai, India and NGM Arts and Science College, Pollachi, India.