Women's attire and costumes in the Perungathai
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Tamil literature is the epitome of the great ideas of our ancient Tamils. Literature is a country's time glass. In which people can connect with them in order to progress. The societal changes in a country's artistic environment are reflected in the local literature. The Epic literature is to highlight the importance of women in their clothing and ornaments. The women’s in the Perungathai are the beautiful women who come before our eyes. The prosperity of a country is determined by the women living in the country. Women’s who lived happily with dresses, ornaments and Savor flowers. Therefore, the dress and costume of the female protagonists in Perungathai are very special and imitated by the present generation.
- Devira, (2017) Purapporul Venba Maalai - Devira Urai, Sri Nandhini Pathippagam, Chennai.
- Chithalai Saathanar, (1949) Manimegalai, Fourth Edition, Venus Printing Press, Chennai, India.
- U.V. Swaminatha Iyer, (2012) Perungathai, Amudha Nilayam, Chennai.
- V.V. Samythaiar, (2017) Perungathai, digital library India, https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.384392/mode/2up
- K.G. Jawarlal, (2010) Silappathikaram, Kizhakku Pathippagam, Chennai.